Blessed be your longing. Your endless ache. Your sharp crystal shatter. Your sea glass heart.

By Jeanette LeBlanc

Blessed be the long, slow slide into desire. The swift plunging wound to the heart. The bleeding out onto the kitchen floor.

Blessed be the fierce of want and the howl of despair and the swan dive of surrender.

Blessed be the indignation of right and the never more naked of wrong.

Blessed be your strong smooth body and your roadmap of scars and brittle bones that give way under the weight of lives unlived.

Blessed be the unmet passion, the relentless boredom, the absolute certainty of regret.

Blessed be the sweet laughter. The hard fuck. The bitter fight. The soft of impossible forgiveness.

Blessed be the restless seeker. The relentless urgency. The unanswered call.

Blessed be the giving up. The hope unraveled. The void at the end. The clenched fists and the desperate grasping and the way it all slides away when the time comes.

Blessed be your trembling breath and your strong knees. Blessed be your siren song and your briny tears and your frantic prayer.

Blessed be your violin body, your electric hipbone, your staircase ribs.

Blessed be your slaughtered dreams and your cynical projection. Blessed be your fire of initiation and your ritual of comfort. Blessed be your secret shame. Blessed be your whispered confession. Blessed be your primal roar.

Blessed be the rejection. The hollowed out, disregarded heart. Blessed be the end of the rope, the absence of expectation, the way it all gives way eventually.

Blessed be the blood and guts and gore of it all.

Blessed be the emptiness of lust and the brutal havoc of love and the way peace grows in between cracks in cement.

Blessed be the dirty street corner hustle and the pretty surface of things and where they meet in the most sacred center.

Blessed be the harsh divinity. The winged flight. The salt skin. The symphony of lust.

Blessed be the holy and the worship. Blessed be the sacred mother. Blessed be the faithless edges. Blessed be the ritual of liturgy and agnostic faith.

Blessed be the profane and the provocation. Blessed be the solitary pilgrimage and the long journey home. Blessed be the one who contains herself.

Blessed be the truth that demands reckoning and the goodbye that wrenches long held secrets from behind closed lips.

Blessed be the sucker punch bruises. Blessed be smooth slide of sun behind the mountains. Blessed be the wise desert and the pounding sea.

Blessed be the sweet swell of words. The silent spaces between bodies. The ragged sigh of breath on bone.

Blessed be the poet and the poem and the one between them who has no words of her own. Blessed be the plagiarism, the thievery, the rash disregard for origin, the gratitude for the beginning of things.

Blessed be our free fall into destiny. Our slow burn. Our consuming fire. Blessed be the breaking and becoming. Blessed be the ugly. Blessed be the sweet sin. Blessed be the rage. Blessed be the grace.

Blessed be. Blessed be. Blessed be.

In the end, all words are just another way to say Amen.

{Blessed rebellion.}

*Decorate with Inspiration. Inspired design (now in six fabulous colors) by {Peace. Love. Free} fromJeanette LeBlanc available here.

(Visited 3,815 times, 4 visits today)
Jeanette LeBlanc is a writer, photographer and inspirationalist. She regularly consumes ridiculous amounts of dark chocolate, craves the sound of crashing waves and wishes people would stop putting olives on pizza. She has a love affair with words (all of them, especially the bad ones) and is inspired by the intersection of shadows and light. Hopelessly idealistic and impossibly pragmatic, Jeanette fully believes that she will one day earn a very good living with her camera and her writing. In the event that Plan A doesn’t work out, she is willing to settle for a huge lottery win, or the generosity of a very rich benefactor. Either way, she has no intention of being a starving artist. Jeanette lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her delightfully unruly children. Jeanette writes about life, love and beauty and creates inspired design at Peace.Love.Free. Her fine art prints are available for purchase here.

• emily ruth commented on August 27, 2012 Reply
    divine~
  • Rebelle Society
    Rebelle Society commented on August 29, 2012 Reply
    This.Single.Post.Turned.Our.Tired.Monday into the beautiful mess that was supposed to be. Deep-blue thank you for sharing your blessings. (Amen.)
  • flytrapjournals commented on August 30, 2012 Reply
    Wonderful.
    tanya lee markul commented on August 31, 2012 Reply
    THIS IS GORGEOUS. Hope to read more from you here, Jeanette! xoxoxo Beautiful piece.
  • Karina B. Heart commented on September 5, 2012 Reply
    Utterly, gorgeously, deliciously raw. Blessed Be your writing life.
  • j.mack commented on September 5, 2012 Reply
    …you spoke of me..you spoke of you..and others waiting in the wings…blessed be to you for speaking of these things… i’ll have to share this on my facebook wall..it was just incredible..thank you…<3
    • Jeanette LeBlanc commented on September 10, 2012 Reply
      It’s the universal that connects us all. I’m so glad you liked it and shared it. thank YOU!
  • jessica ruby radcliffe commented on September 5, 2012 Reply
  • Katie James Basson commented on September 5, 2012 Reply
    Uh huh, yes!
  • Emily Crum commented on September 5, 2012 Reply
    Thank you. This was very much needed today by me. Probably by others too, which is why I shared the link.
  • Bret commented on September 6, 2012 Reply
    Amazing
  • Kevin commented on September 6, 2012 Reply
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Hunnykee commented on September 7, 2012 Reply
    Amazing… Words cannot describe such a moving, deep, dark yet uplifting piece. Stunning.
    • Jeanette LeBlanc commented on September 10, 2012 Reply
      That is life, no? Deep and dark, yet still – ultimately – uplifting. Thank you for your words.
  • Kathy commented on September 7, 2012 Reply
    Blessed be. All of you! All of life…
  • Mary Mueller commented on September 9, 2012 Reply
    Thank you.
  • Penny commented on September 11, 2012 Reply
    I have read this several times and it fills me with joy, pain, recognition, compassion…and ultimately love! I cry every time! For all of those reasons! I have lived this! Thank you.
    Andrea Balt commented on September 11, 2012 Reply
    I already told you this about a hundred times but here it goes again: beautiful & heartbreaking (the most unsettling, touching combination). THANK YOU.
  • Toni commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    Spirit is present in everything, not only in joy or beauty…for everything is joy and beauty. We argue and complain for other realities, but today’s true is this: YES.
  • Kristy commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    Thank you. Shared.
  • Esther Essinger commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    Superb. This carried me away and brought me back. Blessed be your extraordinary gift with language and expression. Thank you, and Blessed Be. <3
  • Sunder Ashni commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    Beauty Filled…THank you<3
  • iamchanelle (@iamchanelle) commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    tears. this reminded me to breathe again in acceptance of all things life and truly living. thank you sweet soul. namaste
  • Anne-Barrie Hunter commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    This is so powerful in its raw honest simplicity! Truly beautiful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Beth commented on September 14, 2012 Reply
    love. this.
  • Cellomarmee commented on September 15, 2012 Reply
    The cyclone of your words lifts me to a place of peace and reflection.
  • Jan commented on September 16, 2012 Reply
    you wrote the words right out of my sacred, proface center – YUM!
  • Kari commented on September 17, 2012 Reply
    Just when I needed words, I could not find them. Fugitive, they slipped around shadowed corners and left me looking, seeking, questing…and here they are. Thank you.
  • Basin Branch commented on October 2, 2012 Reply
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Blessed be the Wow! Jeanette, I am looking for a venue to host a workshop on Primal Improvisation (“Unleash your Animal Passions”) and as I was reading this piece I visualized passing this poem around the circle and having each person read a “blessed be…” line and then passing it on. Wow! Might I plead your permission to have such a group reading? Would you like to impose any conditions, such as attributing your name? Referring people to…what? this site? Does the piece have a title? Wow!
    • Jeanette LeBlanc commented on October 2, 2012 Reply
      Hi, Yes, of course you may use it – it’s a wonderful feeling to think of these words being passed around and read in such a powerful setting. Mentioning my name and this site or my personal site (http://peacelovefree.com) would be lovely if it fits within the setting, but otherwise just be sure to let me know how it goes! :)
  • Tet Gallardo
    Tet Gallardo commented on November 13, 2012 Reply
    I’m going to “officiate” a commitment ceremony for the Pride March on Dec 8. I would really like to use this as an exhortation at the beginning. May I? Thanks!
    • Jeanette LeBlanc commented on November 17, 2012 Reply
      Tet, Yes. yes. yes! I would be honored. But you must send me a photo, or, better yet, a video. Deal? The idea of my words being read at Pride feels just exactly right, and perfect in ways you cannot know.
  • Catherine Ann commented on November 16, 2012 Reply
    Swept away on your Sea of Blessings ~ Beautiful ~
  • Michael Beck commented on November 30, 2012 Reply
    Oh my! I’m out of breath after that fine fuck
  • Gina commented on February 15, 2013 Reply
    This is brilliant, I feel it in my guts, and I needed it to embrace the certainty of regret. What else to do with it? I want this whole thing in poster style – photos and all. One long strip, iWork’s put it on some thin un considered wall.
    • Gina commented on February 15, 2013 Reply
      That was supposed to say ‘I would put it…’
    Jim Fry commented on February 16, 2013 Reply
    Beautiful. Off now, to contemplate integration of swan diving grace to my surrender.
  • barryjohnjohnson commented on February 16, 2013 Reply
    this is beyond special – reading this felt like a healing ritual for me with connection to others- like I was holding hands, eyes closed, in some kind of prayer circle, giving and receiving healing energy at the same time- the timing of receiving this now is blessed , thank you
  • Stephanie Laura commented on March 13, 2013 Reply
    YES! I think you have covered it all, touched every nerve, riveted us from the first word, until the last, only to leave us speechless, wanting more. YES! This poem could be the new bible of life. Thanks so much!!
  • gemstar commented on April 12, 2013 Reply
    Arhhhhhhrrrr what a wonderful release! Love your words…
  • Christine commented on May 30, 2013 Reply
    Exquisite!
  • Zoe commented on June 7, 2013 Reply
    A sigh of relief from a struggling heart, reading these words. Exquisitely put, Jeanette, blessed be your intuitive expression. Thank you.
  • Emily Prince commented on June 21, 2013 Reply
    This has become a favorite of mine.
  • Kimberly commented on August 24, 2013 Reply
    Ah me <3 her words speak surrender to my heart yet again <3
  • Thomas Lloyd Qualls
    Thomas Lloyd Qualls commented on September 10, 2013 Reply
    This piece introduced me to this beautiful tribe. And just the thought of being able to write here, beside so many inspired voices, gives me pause, to forget all my daily complaints and to celebrate the nakedness of the human spirit. I am grateful for so many things. I am honored and inspired and driven to dive down deeper and deeper, to share a truer and more perfect world of beauty, love, fear, rage, light, sun, shadow, cloud, mist, rain, touch, breath, voice… Thank you.
  • Hilary Lindsay
    Hilary Lindsay commented on September 10, 2013 Reply
    Blessed be a prompt to a link in the middle of the night, when you would not look at links or facebook or not be prompted to do more than thrash in unkind covers… and to remember that all is all and not just easy and all the life is blessed because it is shared with others who know.
  • Smoochdog commented on October 9, 2013 Reply
    Absolutely.Love.This. Awesome piece.
  • Aimee commented on October 10, 2013 Reply
    Divine! Your writing is magical and lovely!
  • Dionne the Tea Priestess commented on October 11, 2013 Reply
    Ashe’ Amen And So It Is! This was so nourishing to me today. It came just when I needed it most.
  • LeslieAnn commented on October 12, 2013 Reply
    Again your sword flashes and forges the way. Herein beautifully bared, the last few years of my life, all of it, every day, every night, every coming every going, every lost and every knowing. So good to be here at home.
  • Garrett commented on November 22, 2013 Reply
    Amazing :) PS – I like olives on pizza ;)
  • Christina Collazo
    Christina Collazo commented on January 19, 2014 Reply
    Blown away! BRILLIANTLY slayed by these words. With much gratitude, Christina
  • Margaret Watson commented on January 20, 2014 Reply
    I totally agree about the no olives on pizza. I’ll be back to read some more later
  • Will commented on January 22, 2014 Reply
    I am a fly fishing guide. When I read this peace, over a dozen times now, I find something new and thought provoking each time. The friend who shared this with me related this to the water I spend all day on. “Water is so much filled with peace – so much filled with turbulence Thanks Will
  • Hope commented on October 8, 2014 Reply
    A lovely time to read corresponding with the blood moon that just passed.
  • Sheila McVay commented on November 21, 2014 Reply
    beautiful…Whitman-esque :)
  • Amy commented on November 21, 2014 Reply
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Amy commented on November 21, 2014 Reply
    I have a New Moon Ceremony tonight and was asked to bring a prayer. Could I possibly use this poem?
  • contrast10 commented on November 23, 2014 Reply
    Thank you. I cried.
  • Danny Jones commented on November 23, 2014 Reply
    here hearing the moment in silence from blessing to Amen! Thank You!
  • willow commented on November 23, 2014 Reply
    I absolutely love this.. It may of changed my life.
  • Victoria commented on November 24, 2014 Reply
    This poem simultaneously makes me want to write more, and also to never say another word, ever, period…cause you’ve somehow said it all. Thank you!
  • Laurie commented on November 27, 2014 Reply
    I want to read more and more….
  • Anthony Raines commented on December 1, 2014 Reply
    Beautifully painful.
  • Anthony commented on January 28, 2015 Reply
    What a beautiful, moving, epic piece of writing. What a wonderful gift you have, thank you for sharing it. Brilliant!
  • Bonnie commented on April 30, 2015 Reply
    God, this is fucking beautiful.
  • Shauna Aura Knight commented on May 1, 2015 Reply
    Absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me in some ways of the feeling I get when reading Rumi poetry. Just lovely.
  • Shari commented on May 4, 2015 Reply
    You read my heart.
  • Ann Medlock commented on May 8, 2015 Reply
    I was a student of Joe Campbell’s and once asked him what he personally believed, after all his research into human spirituality. He read me Robinson’s “Natural Music” which has the same concept as this piece of yours. What Campbell had come to believe was that we must bless it all. Thanks for this stunning expression of that Truth.
  • Katherine commented on May 27, 2015 Reply
    This poem takes my breath away. Thank you for moving my heart to holy tears. Blessed be Jeanette LeBlanc.
  • Carmen commented on May 27, 2015 Reply
    Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
  • Pippa Richardson commented on May 28, 2015 Reply
    Blessed be – YES ! Expresses beautifully so much I have felt in the dark of the night, in those grey days when the heart longs endlessly. Thank you, Jeanette.
  • Elena commented on May 28, 2015 Reply
    …blessed be…. thank you…..
  • Jen Galpin commented on June 10, 2015 Reply
    Painful and beautiful and inspiring. Each blessing rings with truth. I’m a painter and moving into a new body of work. One line in your poem “Blessed be… the absolute certainty of regret” aligns so beautifully with one of my paintings. I wanted to ask if I could use it as a title? And if you are okay with this, how can I credit the words to you?
  • Dr. C. Scott Taylor, PhD commented on July 1, 2015 Reply
    I am brought into imagining these words used at a fearless marriage ceremony, a ritual in which fire and flaw, water and stone are understood as blessings. Beautiful, rich, and real. Thanks.