All that is beautiful. All that is wounded. All that is whole. {Nudity}

{All photographs © Lone Morch}

“When women pose thoughtfully and artistically—in nothing but their bare skin—they find themselves. They discover that they are truly alive. They become a Nude.” ~ David Allio
The image of the female body is a global icon. It is found in art, pottery and caves throughout the world.

The body of the woman holds the body of history. All that is beautiful. All that is wounded. All that is in transition. All that is emerging. It has been the iconography that artists have worked with for thousands of years. As B.J. Adams put it,

“You miss a lot of wonderful as well as historic art if the nude is denounced.”

As a photographer who’s worked almost exclusively with the female body, I have experienced changes within myself both as a person and visual artist throughout my work and journey.

The connection between me and the woman who is brave enough to share her body and being with my lens is breaking a cycle of invisibility. I’m profoundly honored to be both the participant and witness to this most personal unveiling.

The process and the portraits are as important as any Stieglitz or cave image: together we are transmuting wounds, learning how to see ourselves anew and creating history.

Daring to see and be seen by the naked eye calls for courage and leads to intimate liberation. Not because the body is the container of the soul, but because the body is the amalgam of your experience, your raw energy, and your will to live. When we capture this together, we capture the ferocious intention to be alive.

“Naked is a human commodity. Nudity is God’s art.” ~ David Allio

“Every artist undresses his subject, whether human or still life. It is his business to find essences in surfaces, and what more attractive and challenging surface than the skin around a soul?” ~ Richard Corliss

“There is nothing in all the world more beautiful or significant of the laws of the universe than the nude human body.” ~ Robert Henri
“Our bodies, apart from their brilliant role as drawing exercises, are the temples of our being. Like the bodies of all fauna, they deserve both our study and our appreciation.” ~ Robert Genn

“When we respect the nude, we will no longer have any shame about it.” ~ Robert Henri

“What is the body? That shadow of a shadow of your love, that somehow contains the entire universe.” ~ Rumi

*All photographs by Lone Morch.

More Mind-Body-Heart Nudity:

>> Clear Space. Get Naked.

>> The Girl with the Ganesh Tattoo {Photographed by Robert Sturman}

{Rebelle Nude on Facebook & Twitter}

Lone Morch
For years, Lone Mørch has been getting women naked through her photography, and now, she’s getting naked on the page, with her memoir Seeing Red. As a writer, visionary artist and freedom activist, she engages your heart, hands, mind and gut in sensory experiences and creative explorations. In her work, she awakens and aligns you with your sacred path and helps you reclaim your soul and sovereignty. Find out more about Lone at LoneMorch.com and enjoy more of her work at Lolo’s Boudoir. You can also connect with her on Facebook and Twitter. And don’t forget to get her memoir Seeing Red and stay tuned for her upcoming photography book Unveiled.

• Carolyn Riker
    Carolyn Riker commented on February 6, 2013 Reply
    You exquisitely captured and honored the female body and soul. Thank you!
    Andrea Balt commented on February 7, 2013 Reply
    Beautiful. Thank you, Lone, for your rare and freeing lens. We need more women speaking up through art for and about women. It’s been ages…
  • Holistic DIVA commented on February 7, 2013 Reply
    love.
  • The Awakened Life commented on February 7, 2013 Reply
    This is breathtaking! I have always loved nudes. Such beauty!
  • Jeanette LeBlanc commented on February 7, 2013 Reply
    loved this. truly.
  • I like how you used black and white in these photos which keeps everything simple and puts the emphasis on the model as opposed to the surroundings, background, etc. And in the first picture you blurred out the background. Nice job.
  • Kannan commented on February 15, 2013 Reply
    Beautiful! Thank You for the artistically capture of the nature life!
  • Arun Ks commented on February 17, 2013 Reply
    Work of Art, grateful and thankful for the post!..!
  • Sussannah commented on March 30, 2013 Reply
    Beautiful photography, there is nothing more exquisite than the naked body captured on Black & white film.
  • Lone Morch
    Lone commented on April 5, 2013 Reply
    Thank you all stopping by and leaving your encouraging comments for me to discover, a bit late. ;-)
  • harnadh commented on April 23, 2013 Reply
    I SO Agree! The Body’s Wisdom in Movement IS BEaUtiful indeed!
  • Lisa commented on May 8, 2013 Reply
    This was an exceptional article on unveiling the mystery of the female body…I absolutely loved it and was deeply moved by your words and photos…please keep it up Lone!! We need more women like you in our corner!!! Much love to you Goddess
  • Deanna commented on June 3, 2013 Reply
    While the photography is beautiful, I am disturbed that there are no “real sizes” nudes here. I thought for sure that there would be at least one shot of an average sized woman. Even the pregnant woman was of the thinner realm. Disappointed.
    • Alison Wagstaffe commented on July 22, 2013 Reply
      i agree with you Deanna
    • Jingles commented on October 13, 2013 Reply
      I am disturbed by the term “real sizes”. Women come in all shapes and sizes, isn’t that your point? It is a shame that the photographer has not included women of larger sizes, but I see a range of uk 8-14 here, which I am sure is average size in most of the world. They are in “flattering” poses, great toned shape and, black and white so you cannot see their scars, blemishes stretch marks. Maybe if you could, you wouldn’t feel so defensive.
      • Jingles commented on October 13, 2013 Reply
        Sorry, there’s me being defensive! But I do think that female beauty, no matter what its size, should include all of its war-wounds, birthmarks, stretchmarks, post-natal changes. The “beauty” in smooth, perfect nudes is a very masculine-art way of looking at things.
  • Jaime McNeal commented on June 3, 2013 Reply
    Beauty! Simply beauty!
  • Maiga commented on June 10, 2013 Reply
    I agree with Deanna– the author is tremendously talented but not only would this piece by strengthened by size diversity, but also a larger range of female-identified bodies. Why are there no Black women featured? Asian women? Elderly women? I’d love to see wholeness around womanhood and a challenge to what bodies are deemed “beautiful.”
    • Lone Morch
      lone commented on June 25, 2013 Reply
      Hi Maiga and Deanna, I just saw your comments, albeit a tad late, sorry for that. I acknowledge and agree with your desire to see a broader range of women and bodies. While it hasn’t been my project per se, the women who’ve come over the years range from 25 to 95, of all sizes and walks of life. I unfortunately am not allowed to show all my clients photos, but to the very least, you’ll find more variety on my website http://www.lolosboudoir.com. In this particular spread, there’s in fact one large pregnant black woman and one Asian woman included. These women are all size 8 and up. :)
  • elif commented on July 21, 2013 Reply
    These photos (and women!) are undoubtedly beautiful, but there is something that caught my attention. Half of the photos have women accentuating the curvature of their back, or lordosis, which implies a sexual nature. I am not saying that this is ‘wrong’, nor do I think this because the women are naked. But the fact that nude photos of women tend towards emphasizing their sexual nature seems somewhat problematic. To be nude doesn’t necessarily correlate with a sexual self, and yet these photos would indicate otherwise. Just a thought.
  • Erin commented on July 22, 2013 Reply
    Absolutely love this. Simply stunning both in word and image. Thank you for posting.
  • Frankster (@NorthvilleFrank) commented on July 22, 2013 Reply
    Some of the most beautiful art that I have seen. Thank you for giving it the attention that it deserves.
  • Philip Bond commented on October 7, 2013 Reply
    For me, there is nothing in this world more beautiful than woman. Naked, clothed, black, white, tattooed or not, young or old, wrinkled or smooth, nothing!
  • Mango commented on October 8, 2013 Reply
    I’m going to agree with the other commenters about the sad lack of diversity in bodies shown here. Your response that there are diverse bodies in your work elsewhere is no excuse. Either you share what you feel is important or you illustrate how this entry seemed complete without a range of women. Given the topic – how we can love all of ourselves, that our nakedness is beautiful – you’re suggesting that as long as the nakedness we show aligns with the images we usually see (thin, white women), that these are what’s beautiful and the rest are more for variety. This isn’t a detail to be thought of in hindsight, it reflects an intention to re-claim and re-define beauty and thereby make ALL women feel whole.
  • antevasin commented on September 6, 2014 Reply
    This is such a refreshing post to see bodies being celebrated… I wish I could articulate more insightful words on this..but all I can express right now is that I find this lovely and I wish the best of success to this. : ) And maybe one day, if the circumstances were right I would be brave enough to bare my soul in the way these woman have for a camera. <3
  • cleo commented on November 26, 2014 Reply
    Artistic, idealized nudity is so very trite and boring. The soul/mind is the only thing of substantive and enduring beauty, not the fundamental imperfections that characterize the human body. Get over yourselves for heaven’s sake, puberty is a delusional state along with adolescence that needs finally simply to be outgrown. Grow up, perhaps?
  • Alejandro Ochoa commented on January 10, 2015 Reply
    I cannot call/consider “art” or “beauty” when watching the photograph of that “ugly” pregnant fat woman. I just took a quick look at her, but I would have preferred to “skip” it —only if I were a soothsayer or “seer”. That woman is not “guilty”. The “guilty ones” are: (1) the photographer and, (2) the individual who uploaded such image. Scottish philosopher Thomas Reid (1710-1796), one of the founders of the Scottish School of Common Sense, wrote about “the the faculty of discerning beauty; […] and this faculty is what we call good taste… http://www.academia.edu/7246673/Thomas_Reid_on_Aesthetic_Perception
  • Yuli commented on February 15, 2015 Reply
    I would have difficulty iytenifding four swinger couples at a nudist resort unless they were engaging in sex in front of everyone. That sort of thing will get them kicked out, but what goes on in someone’s RV, tent, cabin, etc is really no one else’s business. +5Was this answer helpful?
  • online auto insurance quotes commented on March 21, 2015 Reply
    I’m grateful you made the post. It’s cleared the air for me.