Yoga is not one more box to check. You don’t make a note of it in your phone or day planner and then cross it off.
We have enough boxes to check and items to cross off. Yoga is not one more thing for you to do.
Yoga is a way of being. Yoga is a lens through which you see yourself and the world, a vessel to help you navigate the earth.
Quality not quantity.
Compassion not competition.
Our yoga practices teach us to be ourselves fearlessly. Being doesn’t necessarily mean doing.
Through yoga we learn to break through our habitual patterns and behaviors.
Perhaps, a breakthrough is kicking up into a handstand for the first time unassisted.
Maybe, it’s hovering in an arm balance that’s eluded you for 2.5 years.
Both deserve a fist pump and a high five. Rock on! Look at you!
But, yoga should travel with you—from the mat to work, from work to home, and everywhere in between.
Because the best breakthroughs happen long after you’ve rolled your mat up and walked away from the studio.
A breakthrough is a deep breath before speaking.
A breakthrough is a soft jaw you’ve spent a lifetime clenching.
Through yoga, we find what Panache Desai calls our unique soul signatures, our true strengths and mighty gifts the world anxiously awaits.
What are you waiting for?
Beyond your perceived limitations, past your ingrained conditioning.
You are not your past. You are not your body.
You are a soul, and your soul is rooting for you.
Latest posts by Amber Shumake (see all)
- 10 Tips to Try a Little Tenderness. - June 9, 2014
- Are you there, God? - May 12, 2014
- Confident Musings with Your Inner Roommate. - February 28, 2014
- A Love Letter to Life. - January 23, 2014
- I Don’t Wanna Be Sangry Anymore. - January 13, 2014
- Let Yourself Fall Apart. - January 3, 2014
- How to Heal a Broken Heart: The Search for Joy. - October 25, 2013
- How to Heal a Broken Heart: a Rebelle’s Guide to Grief. - October 16, 2013
- Shift Happens. - October 13, 2013
- The Sober, Messy Life: A visit from your Ghost. - September 27, 2013
- “Write like a Motherfucker.” - August 12, 2013
- The Death of a Dream: Defer & Let Go. - August 5, 2013
- Enlighten up, dammit. - July 31, 2013
- I am worthy of love simply because I exist. - July 25, 2013
- Stop Safeguarding the Secret. - July 16, 2013
- Why Practice Yoga? - July 8, 2013
- 5 Spiritual Lessons that have Helped Me Heal. - June 14, 2013
- Breakdown. - June 1, 2013
- Moved by the Moment. - May 18, 2013
- Fall in Love with Truth. - May 9, 2013
- Foreboding Joy - April 25, 2013
- Forgive Yourself. - April 24, 2013
- Souls Are (For)Giving. - April 9, 2013
- Anything Is Possible. - April 1, 2013
- Show Off Your Soul. - March 21, 2013
- Breakthrough. - March 15, 2013
- Fiercely Loyal Love. - March 7, 2013
- Got Grace? - February 5, 2013
- Beauty, resurrected. - January 25, 2013
- LOL: Live Out Loud. - January 10, 2013
- It’s time. - January 3, 2013
- Love Enthusiasts. - January 1, 2013
- Six things I’m not sorry about. - December 28, 2012
- No Grief for the Gremlins. - December 22, 2012