A Sister Circle Is Not A Luxury: 7 Guidelines For Starting Your Own.
A wild woman needs her sisters.
It is true that we are vast. It is true that we are mystical. It is true that we are rich and vibrant and full of passion and purpose. In fact, we surge with it. It rises up in us — an all-consuming fire — and we burn with deep knowing, profound understanding, and a message to live in whatever way we see fit.
If you have been called, you know it now. You are emerging. Your divinity — your soul — is ready to be embodied. You are asked to become a living goddess, embracing the authority and immortality that comes with soul-full living.
We are fierce. We have proven that we have what it takes to overcome great hardship. We have proven that our hearts can withstand our darkest days and still blaze the trail forward. We have conceived of the goddess within us. We are pregnant with the lights of our own being.
We are quickening. Oh, can you feel it? Can you feel what is about to be born? The new year ushers in the beginnings of labor, and it is time to call our sisters to us. We must gather now. We must draw each other near. We all need midwives. We all need doulas.
We all need the songs of angels and the prayerful medicines of wise women in our midst. We are birthing a new world.
A sister circle is not a luxury. It is essential to our emotional and spiritual health.
Our culture pits women against each other because women of shared intent are dangerous to oppressive masculine systems. But we are wiser than that.
We know our own power, and when we create a circuit of energy with other loving and conscious women, we magnify the nurturing, the healing, the grace, the freedom, the creativity and the love our lives stand for.
Have you been yearning for a sister circle as much as I have? Then start one. That is what I am doing for 2015. If you happen to be in the Philadelphia area, my circle is forming now, so hop on board.
Here are some guidelines I wrote for my circle, which I extend to you freely to borrow for your own.
1. Our circle is sacred: We come to our circle with love, consciousness, honor and respect. We are women of integrity and honor. We speak our truths fearlessly and lovingly.
2. Our circle is private: Trust is paramount in a sister circle. Women in our circle are invited to share their personal challenges and heartaches. Whatever is revealed in our circle is held in strictest confidence by all members.
3. Our circle is creative: The divine feminine is a creative and loving force. The sharing of art, poetry, and handmade items is strongly encouraged in our circle. Women’s talents from bread-baking to birthing new life and everything in-between are celebrated here.
We support all noble endeavors for all our sisters in whatever ways we can assist her in the midwifery of her fondest dreams, in the circle and in life.
4. Our circle is leaderless: All women who are members of this circle share in the responsibility of creating an experience shared by the whole group. We will rotate hostesses so that the labor of birthing our circle into reality each month is shared by everyone.
Sisters able to offer a suitable space for us to gather will be supported fully by members of the circle.
5. Our circle is abundant: We all participate in bringing the richness and lushness that is the nature of our Mother into our circle. We arrive each month with our holiest treasures and creations. We all bring nourishment: literally and figuratively.
A potluck of food, wine, sacred artifacts and new creations are part of our monthly ritual.
6. Our circle is warm: We create the hearth, the love, the nurturing in our circle that all thriving beings need.
Women don’t have enough support, and we meet to rectify this and bring safety, healing, light and warmth to women’s lives, that all our sisters become fully realized and supported by our love.
7. Our circle is closed. A circle with too many participants becomes unmanageable and less intimate. Our first circle will determine the size of our group and the sisters we will journey with in 2015. Once established, any new members who wish to join (if there is space) must be approved by the circle.
What would you add to your circle? Please comment below and let us know.