In Memoriam: 21 Ways Dr. Wayne W. Dyer Rocked Our Worlds & Inspired Us To Be Better.
“Choose to see death as simply removing a garment or moving from one room to another… It’s merely a transition.” ~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, the international guru of self-development and spiritual growth, also known as the father of motivation, passed away last night, August 30, 2015.
His family released the following statement:
“Wayne has left his body, passing away through the night. He always said he couldn’t wait for this next adventure to begin and had no fear of dying. Our hearts are broken, but we smile to think of how much our scurvy elephant will enjoy the other side.
We Love You Forever Dad/Wayne
The Dyer Family”
Dr. Dyer inspired millions of people through over 40 books (20 of which made it to the New York Times bestseller list) and several video, radio, and television shows, raising over $250 million for public television.
After a childhood of difficulty, mostly spent in orphanages and foster homes, Dr. Dyer wanted others to realize that it is within everyone’s power to live an extraordinary life. His mission was to make the principles of self-discovery, spiritual development, and personal growth available to the world.
“My purpose is to help people look at themselves and begin to shift their concepts. Remember, we are not our country, our race, or religion. We are eternal spirits. Seeing ourselves as spiritual beings without label is a way to transform the world and reach a sacred place for all of humanity.” ~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
A recent Facebook post from Dr. Dyer’s page is one of the best examples of his positive, uplifting message:
“I was preparing to speak at an I Can Do It conference and I decided to bring an orange on stage with me as a prop for my lecture. I opened a conversation with a bright young fellow of about twelve who was sitting in the front row.
“If I were to squeeze this orange as hard as I could, what would come out?” I asked him.
He looked at me like I was a little crazy and said, “Juice, of course.”
“Do you think apple juice could come out of it?”
“No!” he laughed.
“What about grapefruit juice?”
“What would come out of it?”
“Orange juice, of course.”
“Why? Why when you squeeze an orange does orange juice come out?”
He may have been getting a little exasperated with me at this point.
“Well, it’s an orange and that’s what’s inside.”
I nodded. “Let’s assume that this orange isn’t an orange, but it’s you. And someone squeezes you, puts pressure on you, says something you don’t like, offends you. And out of you comes anger, hatred, bitterness, fear. Why? The answer, as our young friend has told us, is because that’s what’s inside.”
It’s one of the great lessons of life. What comes out when life squeezes you? When someone hurts or offends you? If anger, pain and fear come out of you, it’s because that’s what’s inside. It doesn’t matter who does the squeezing — your mother, your brother, your children, your boss, the government. If someone says something about you that you don’t like, what comes out of you is what’s inside. And what’s inside is up to you, it’s your choice.
When someone puts the pressure on you and out of you comes anything other than love, it’s because that’s what you’ve allowed to be inside. Once you take away all those negative things you don’t want in your life and replace them with love, you’ll find yourself living a highly functioning life.
Thanks, my young friend, and here’s an orange for you!”
Below, we’ve shared some of our favorite inspiration and wisdom from Dr. Dyer. Let it sink into your soul, rock your socks, and change your life — for the better.
* “Every day of the year can be the best day of your life.”
* “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.”
* “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”
* “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
* “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
* “There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love; there’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”
* “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life’.”
* “When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.”
* “People who want the most approval get the least and people who need approval the least get the most.”
* “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”
* “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.”
* “You’ll see it when you believe it.”
* “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”
* “Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I’m going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.”
* “The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.”
* “You don’t need to be better than any one else; you just need to be better than you used to be.”
* “I am thankful to all those who said no. It’s because of them, I did it myself.”
* “You are in a partnership with all other human beings, not a contest to be judged better than some and worse than others.”
* “Never underestimate your power to change yourself; never overestimate your power to change others.”
* “No one can create negativity or stress within you. Only you can do that by virtue of how you process your world.”
* “Eternity is now. Right now, right here, you’re and infinite being. Once you get past the fear of death as an end, you merge with the infinite and feel the comfort and relief that this realization brings.”
Rebelle Society’s thoughts and love go out to the Dyer family and everyone who has loved him.