Embody Your Ziggy Stardust: The Power of the Higher Self.
Let’s conduct an experiment.
Write out the names of four people who inspire you. These can be real humans, fictional, alive, or in a different realm.
Under each name, write out the characteristics that you admire.
Then write out their qualities that you envy under each person.
Notice what themes show up.
Here’s my example: David Bowie.
Qualities I admire: creativity, uninhibited, androgynous, unique, shape-shifting, he’s completely tuned in to his inner genius.
Qualities I envy: musical genius, he shaped multiple genres.
Now, allow me to let you in on something: any quality that you admire, envy or wish to have, you already do.
They are already in you.
You couldn’t see it in others if it was not already in you.
What we look up to is actually already within.
The characteristics that I admire and even envy in him are very much part of my higher self, the greatest version of my self. The most authentic version of me is creative, not limited by gender or the views of others. My higher self is out of this world and meant to transform my reality, maybe not in the musical world but it could shift the genres of my interest.
How to Embody Your Higher Self
1. Own it: Get clear on the main traits that you admire and envy, then claim them. They are within you. Write them down, meditate upon them, feel them within.
2. Face your fears: Address all the fears, worries and limiting beliefs that come up, write them down on a piece of paper. If you’re not sure if it’s a fear, ask yourself: does this thought set me free or does it limit me?
3. Get real: Ask yourself: is this true? Am I really not creative, or have I just not allowed myself to try? Have my fears and judgments gotten so big that I don’t allow myself to express my inner artist? Everytime I start, doubt gets in the way.
4. Rewrite your story: On a new piece of paper, respond to each fear from a place of love (this is your higher self speaking). Next to the story of I am not creative, I would write, “I am in the process of revealing the inner artist.”
5. Take action: Destroy your fears, burn that piece of paper, drown it in water, rip it into tiny pieces. In whatever way it feels necessary, it’s time to destroy and recreate that old story that has held you back — the more creative the destruction, the better.
6. Design your higher self (alter ego): You may be familiar with some famous alter egos such as Ziggy Stardust, Sasha Fierce, the Artist Formerly Known As Prince. An alter ego allows for the expansion of self. A self that is not confined to your current story of who you think you are, and includes all the fears that have been with you since your developmental years.
Allow yourself to envision an alter ego who displays all of your desired qualities. If you had a reaction to the word ego, let me clarify: the alter ego we are now creating is from love, it stems from what’s possible. We are in the process of transmutation. Just like using the venom of a snake to cure a snake bite, we are constructing a cure for ego with an ego of love.
Play with it.
Give your higher self a name, a personality, draw them out, or dress up as them. How do they respond to your current life? What do they do differently? How similar or different are they from your current personality?
When we allow ourselves to envision our alter ego or higher self, we give ourselves an instant look into our inspired self. When fear and doubt are clouding the mind, just ask yourself, “What would (name of alter ego) do?”
Spend an entire day as your alter ego.
Write out her backstory.
If you still feel blocked, lean in. Many times when we are clouded by fear or disbelief, we feel confused, untrusting or full of doubt. This is where you should realize your potential and your dreams, and navigate them. You should see your true strengths and identify the blind spots that are keeping you stuck.
You should surpass the fear to reveal your higher self, find what is within, and discover the divine, empowered, awesome being that you are.
You are here on this earth to live into your greatest potential.
No more living small, watching others live into their dreams, putting yourself to the side.
It’s time to prioritize your Self.
Kathryn Lorraine is a Women’s Transformational Life Coach, Yoga and meditation instructor, and higher self expert. She has a gift for seeing the true essence and gifts within her clients. Her enthusiastic and welcoming demeanor encourages her clients to clearly hear their inner wisdom and unearth their dormant feminine powers. She guides them to surpass the fears and shame that keep them stuck and overwhelmed, and inspires them to trust in their higher self, take skillful action, and live a life uninhibited. Her style weaves together esoteric and modern teachings, intuition and somatic experiencing. She has trained with powerful teachers all over the world, studying in depth the various forms of meditation and Yoga, yogic/tantric philosophy, leadership development, psychology, and alternative healing therapies. Her purpose is to awaken and explore the power of the Divine Feminine. You could contact her via her website, Instagram, Facebook or email. Sign up for her Group Coaching Program ‘Discovery & Embodiment’, starting January 23rd. To find out more about her retreat in Panama, check out Awaken The Divine Feminine.