What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as gender, age, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to presenting our readers with new and relevant offers
What we do with the information we gather
We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service – in particular for the following purposes:
- To improve our products and services to better fit your needs and interests
- To periodically send out promotional material with new products, special offers or other material that we believe you may find interesting using the contact information that you have provided
- To, on occasion, contact you for market research purposes – we may contact you by email, phone or mail depending on which information you have made available to us
- To provide you with offers from our third party partners
- Internal record keeping
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes after which the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie will in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies in Display Advertising & Google Analytics
Rebelle Society has implemented Display Advertising and may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. It means that third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
Rebelle Society along with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.