Submission Guidelines: Share Your Work with Us!
Want To Share Your heart with us?
Express yourself on Rebelle Society!
Take some time to make yourself comfy here on RebelleSociety.com — get to know our key messages, voice, tone and vibe. We don’t care where you come from, how old you are or how many degrees you have or don’t have, we just want what is real, what is human and more than anything, we want to feel.
We want to be moved. With honesty and quality.
If you’re already living like a work of art or if you have just begun to explore the realms of your unique self-expression and you would like to share it with the world, please contact us. There is no limit to our combined creative madness.
Send a little piece of yourself to [email protected].
1. Please include (in one email) your submission via an attachment (preferably Word or in the body of an email — absolutely no PDFs), a short bio in third person (she/he, with a maximum of 150 words) and a high-resolution mug shot (64×64 minimum pixels and a perfect square)) to [email protected]. If you forget something, don’t send it in parts — resend all of it in one package and let us know in the subject line. We won’t chase you for missing pieces.
2. We don’t preview blogs or URLs. Please send us individual pieces, as mentioned in point 1.
3. If you include images for our consideration, please credit appropriately and ensure they are high resolution.
4. Word count — we’re all about quality over quantity, but aim for at least 500 words (and preferably no longer than 1400 words) whether it’s a poem, story, photography, tips & tricks, etc.
5. For videos, spoken word audio and other short film creations, please see additional guidelines below.
6. We don’t want material that has been published on other publications — your personal blog would be the only exception. You can read more about this in our Terms & Conditions.
Response time for submissions:
You should receive an auto-response upon sending your submission to the email address above. If accepted, guest articles can take from one day and up to a few weeks to go live, depending on the submissions queue. Our editors will email you to confirm once it has been published.
If your submission doesn’t fit well with Rebelle Society, or if it needs additional edits or a rewrite to be a better fit, our editors will communicate with you.
Here are a few boxes your submission should check:
1. Is it socially relevant? Does it add to society in some way?
We love personal stories but only when they transcend the diary format and can be recycled into more wisdom. A good story — whatever the genre — awakens us to our own reality. So we do want your personal story but only as long as it can also be relevant to a thousand other eyes circulating our pages every day.
2. Does it inspire?
Life is short. We really have no time for what doesn’t, we’re already drowning in unnecessary information. So we fight the blues with inspiration. In other words: make it count.
3. Does it have Creativity as a spoken (or unspoken) common denominator?
The point is to create our purpose, not to find it, to help each other think outside the box. To redefine reality, not accept it without questioning. Try to remind us (and the world) of the the extra in the ordinary.
4. Does it have your signature, your personal touch, your self, you in it?
Even if you’re sharing an indirect creation, we need to “see” You somewhere in it. And we prefer real-and-broken over pretended-and-fabricated. We don’t want anything that reads contrived or synthetic. Weave your DNA into it, leave a few drops of your blood, sweat and tears — as only you can.
5. Do you love it?
If you don’t love it, chances are the readers won’t either, so you might as well give it to your dog as a gesture of love. But if you love it, then drop the proud modesty, believe in your greatness and share it with a starving world. Nourish us all with your words. Don’t hold back.
Whatever the case, never give up on your art. As Maya Angelou put it, “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.”
Why you should share your work on Rebelle Society:
Are you wondering why you should share your goods on the world’s hottest online hub for reporting virtual acts of creative rebellion (and inner freedom)? We don’t think you need convincing, but just in case:
- You’ll change lives. You’ll not only inspire and improve the quality of the way in which we perceive life and participate in it, but you’ll become part of a vast and growing supportive community that consists of all walks of life.
- You’ll add waves and lengths to your resume and professional repertoire. You’ll be getting your work out there. Sharing the expression closest and dearest to your heart is a magnet for expansion and success. Many of our writers have built their foundation here on Rebelle Society, have been offered publishing deals, have found dream collaborators and have been moved to clarify and refine their art to the point of becoming coaches, teachers and guides, just by sharing what has meant the most to them.
- You’ll get the support from an extraordinary team. From editors to social media, our team of experienced creatives will help you get noticed by the greatest number of people possible.
What are you waiting for?
If you have any questions, please contact us us at [email protected].